Ten 20-somethings to present generational topics in 20 minute flash sessions
(BOSTON, MA) – Today, FutureM, the weeklong event experience on the future of Marketing (October 23 – 26, 2012), announces one-of-a-kind session topics from a generation, current 20-somethings, that has developed with digital in its pocket. New this year, FutureM is featuring ten 20-year old entrepreneurs, students and marketing gurus who will speak to what is next in Marketing from a millennial perspective.
“In marketing, all it takes is a fresh perspective and a risk taking idea to generate changes in a creative industry. That is why we are so excited about the marketing concepts and twists to conventional thinking we will see from these 20-somethings,” said MITX President, Debi Kleiman. “Generation Y is notably the first generation to have digital at its finger tips and FutureM will put them to the test to see if they are worth their salt.”
FutureM selected the freshest and most creative minds to present provocative ideas, debate-worthy questions and unique scenarios. Presentations include:
- A forecast of the future impact of Google’s Project Glass, as compared to the past rise of smart phones, from Tyler Conklin, co-founder of Facelift Media Group and graduate of SUNY Oswego
- A deep dive into why @LadyGaga as the best example of brands of the future, by Katie Martell, the Director of Buzz at Netprospex and graduate of Emerson College
- An exploration of the future of digital in the physical world, from Malia Estes, a Digital Media Planner at Mullen and a graduate of Boston University
- An assessment of the future of content curation in an information-rich world, from the founder of Curata and graduate of MIT, Pawan Deshpande
- A prediction of millennial’s impact on organizations as leaders and on marketers as the core consumer demographic from Providence College grad, Julia Pandolfo, currently an Associate Community Manager at Communispace
- A clear description of neuromarketing and its impact on the future by the only 20-something CEO studying the discipline, Jake Stauch, Founder of NeuroSpire
- A study of a millennial’s views and engagement with 21st Century brands, from Jason Potteiger, founder of Mercury Point Research and graduate of Suffolk University
- A talk about the future integration of offline communities, like universities, with online communities from Chief Imagination Officer at influencers@, Spencer Bramson
- The sharing of the secret of tomorrow: smarter and scalable 1-to-1 marketing, achievable through social CRM by the Director of Product Marketing at TrueLens and the founder of MakePovertyHistoryEmirates, Anish Kattukaran
- A presentation on the future of Marketing in industries not driven by consumers, like biotech and social services, from Williams College grad and Senior Associate of Strategic Marketing at Foundation Medicine, Jacquelyn Miller
Established in 1996, MITX -- the Massachusetts Innovation & Technology Exchange -- is the leading industry organization focused on the web and mobile, bringing together the digital marketing, media and technology community to engage in what’s next and how it will impact the marketing and business worlds. Connecting more than 7,500 professionals in New England, MITX is a dynamic community of thought leaders and collaborators in search of insight, education and opportunity. For more information, visit http://www.mitx.org/. Creator of FutureM, MITX is headquartered in Boston, MA. Follow the conversation on Facebook, Twitter @FutureMBoston and #FutureM and on MITX’s blog.