Guest post by Leah Brunson, Microsoft.
Next Thursday, November 3rd, we’re thrilled to partner with MITX, and The Commonwealth Institute (TCI), to host The Successful You, a full-day forum that will provide mid to senior level women from the tech and general business arena with a clear and practical understanding of how to be successful in their careers.
Established in 2010, this event strives to provide an opportunity for women to strengthen their professional networks and gain tangible skills to apply to their careers immediately. Our intent is that The Successful You will foster connections between local professional women and catalyze more mentorships and productive networking.
This inspiring and informative program will cover a range of topics to accelerate women’s success, including: communications seminars, roundtable discussions with esteemed women entrepreneurs and business leaders, one-on-one mentoring opportunities with female thought leaders, personal branding workshops, a breadth of networking opportunities and much more.
A sampling of our 2011 distinguished speakers:
• Suzanne Bates, Author of the newly released, Discover Your CEO Brand and CEO, Bates Communications
• Carol Fulp, Senior Vice President, Corporate Responsibility & Brand Initiatives, John Hancock Financial
• Susan Getgood, VP, Sales & Marketing, BlogHer
• Ioannis N. Mialoulis, President, Museum of Science
• Mindy Mount, Corporate Vice President & CFO, Microsoft Online Services Division
• Debi Kleiman, President, MITX
• Susan Windham-Bannister, PhD, President & CEO, Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
Proceeds from the event will benefit Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts and Science Club for Girls, helping to fuel their efforts to promote STEM education for young women.
We hope you can join us for this exciting event on November 3! Follow us on Twitter at #WLF11.