Two of MITX’s biggest and funnest (fine, most fun) events are our annual awards shows. You may recall the Technology Awards—it’s been happening for 7 consecutive years. Well, we thought it was good, but when we sat down to plan this year’s show (there was a lot of head scratching and beer drinking), we decided that we were ready for a change. A BIG change. Here’s what we realized:
- Innovation has been a key driver for nearly every award winner.
- Innovation is not just happening in traditional “technology” companies – it’s happening in start-ups with game changing e-commerce models, in marketing firms with new products for improving their clients’ marketing strategies AND in established and emerging technology companies alike (plus many other types of companies, of course).
So, we renamed the show the “Innovation Awards.” But we’re not calling it the 8th Annual show – because in rebranding the program, we completely revamped the whole experience. It really is all new! And we are really excited. Watch out for new features such as:
- Twelve new, fun categories – including Best “Doing Good” Innovation and Most Addictive Application.
- A fresh and simple approach to the application and judging process.
- An exciting approach to the in-person experience (this will be a big party, after all).
We’re still figuring out some things, and as we do, we’ll be sharing the updates here on the MITX blog. But in the meantime, check it out and get involved – the competition is currently open for applications, and sponsorship opportunities are available.
Our Goals This Year
As you may have seen from our email announcement, our goals with this program are to:
- Celebrate the products that are driving the future of marketing and revolutionizing the way we work and play.
- Recognize innovations developed in New England.
- Connect the next generation of start-up success stories with resources and people to help create their stories sooner.
Now that you know our goals and our thoughts for making the program bigger and better than ever, let us know what you would like to see this program accomplish in the comments below.