Over 200 agencies and publishers gathered this past Thursday at the Hard Rock Café for BIMA's 3rd Annual Agency Shoot Out. It's our annual tradition of pinning agencies against one another for some spirited debate, knowledge sharing, and collective empathy.
Some key takeaways:
- Creative and Media need to be closely aligned in the agency throughout ideation and execution of campaign
- Not clear agreement on what transactions like Micosoft/AveA acquisition mean - some think it makes sense for agencies, some don't; however it's clear some agencies are setting aggressive examples on new models and relationships (Google/Publicis)
- Agencies need to say "No" to clients who resort to easy, comfortable traditional buys, just because "that's the way it's always been done."
- Agency - publishers partnerships are critical to creating meaningful new ideas.
- Regional Market needs help recruiting and training talent at all levels.
Here's a cool video: